Tuesday, August 9, 2011

concrete jungle where dreams are made

I have a very sweet friend/roommate that moved to NYC this summer for a fellowship with News21 and I have missed her like crazy. I started this blog after she left and have been sad that she could not join in on the adventures... until now! She visited a food trailer up in The Big Apple and wrote up a review for us. Cheers for my very first out-of-town guest posting! Love you, Abbey!

Guest Blog #1:

I had the pleasure of guest blogging for my favorite trailer reviewer while I was in New York City this summer. The place I picked was so nice I ate there twice, while I was perusing the Brooklyn Flea Market, which was one of my favorite hipster activities in New York.  (There are a lot in Brooklyn)

So while shopping for vintage maps of New York and old brass jewelry in Williamsburg, Milk Truck’s adorable color combo and delicious smells caught my attention. Milk Truck dishes up. . . ready for this? Gourmet grilled cheese. There were a million people in front of it waiting for cheesy deliciousness.  I ordered from the sweetest girl and sipped a cardamom iced tea while I waited, thinking how excited Shay would be if she were with me.  There was a good ten-minute wait but everyone in line seemed so happy. We all knew hot cheese was waiting on the other side of those ten minutes. That would make anyone happy.





My sandwich was heaven. I had the Three Cheese Grilled Cheese (why settle for one?), which was a melted mess of Gruyere, blue cheese and cheddar. With caramelized apples. On the best bread ever.  The second time I went I told myself I should branch out but I couldn’t resist. I had to share the amazing Three Cheese with my sisters, who were filled with love at the taste of it.  Milk Truck’s website says it just wants to make people happy and I think they’re successful!

I’m still dreaming of that sandwich. I didn’t have the milk shakes, but apparently they’re amazing (via the girls behind me in line). If you’re ever in New York, go to the Brooklyn Flea (and some other places in Brooklyn) and find Milk Truck. Don’t be scared of the line-it’s totally worth it!

http://milktruckgrilledcheese.com/index.html
http://www.brooklynflea.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment