Thursday, July 28, 2011

lessons I've learned while trailering

These are in no specific order.

1. If possible, read the menus before so I don't panic and end up eating pork rinds.
2. Twitter is cool! & much more fun when following food trailers.
3. Hours of operation are always negotiable. Don't get too disappointed if the trailer you wanted to visit is closed for an unforeseen reason. There is most likely an alternative nearby.
4. It IS possible to eat healthy at a food trailer...just not ALL food trailers.
5. BYBO locations are my favorite setting at which to consume trailer foods. I meant byob, but if you want to bring your body odor with you I won't judge.
6. Brave foodie friends are a necessity, you can't invite just anyone along.
7. A pinch of personality makes a world of difference in customer service. Also, so do a few smiles.
8. Shade trees are invaluable during the hot Texas summer.
9. Sundays and Mondays are difficult days to find open trailers, but where there's a will there's a way.
10. The prices aren't as cheap as fast food, but the food is much more quality (worth it).
11. People like to get excited with you about something that you get really excited about.
12. I'm not going to like everything and I have to be honest about that. People will respect the blog more for it. But, I lose sleep and procrastinate like crazy when I have negative feedback to give. :-/
13. (humbly) I'm kinda good at this. I think I have a future in blogging about my passions.
14. There will always be trailers I want to go to, but still haven't yet because there are something like 1600 in Austin alone!
15. I'm thankful I take pictures at the trailers... they help me remember the things that happened and provide great blackmail for my friends when I get shots of them mid-bite.

2 comments:

  1. i agree 100% with #13. I've been meaning to catch up on your bloggy... way to go shay! hope i can make it up there for an adventure before summer's over. love!

    ReplyDelete