Thursday, May 19, 2011

the idea.

I frequently listen to NPR as I drive around Austin (nerdy, I know...but I love it) and I heard a story about the food truck bubble in LA and how it was on the verge of busting. Immediately I thought of all the food trailer businesses here in ATX and how I am always meaning to go eat at them... but then never actually do it. Then the idea hit me: spend time this summer eating at the food trailers all over town! Really experience the food trailer culture here! I'm thinking at least one a week, but if this really gets rolling I might step it up to two per week for the entire summer. And since food is always better with friends, I'm inviting my compadres to join me in this trek through the culinary jungle of trailer park eateries and stand-alone taco shacks. There is one catch though... if you want to eat with me, you gotta write about it. I will have guest commentaries in the form of foodie-minded friends with honest opinions and humorous anecdotes (hopefully). Fear not, there will be photos, maps with directions, and recommendations for food modifications posted alongside the reviews to fulfill all of your trailer-eating needs.

If you are interested in helping me find wonderful, hidden gems at which to dine please shoot an email to trailertrashandtreasures@gmail.com. Please also email me at the same address if you would like to join the invitation list for when I am looking for eating buddies to accompany me. I will send out the date, time, location, and food trailer name in advance so you may eat alongside me! Don't forget, you WILL have to provide input for the blog. ;)

Ooo! I'm excited! Date!!

No comments:

Post a Comment