Wednesday, January 18, 2012

there's no place like home

Here I am again. Back in my home state of Texas, but most importantly, back in my chosen home city of Austin. It feels so right to come 'home' to this place, even when I loved where I was. I think I found it, you know? The One. Austin, I know I have joked about meeting you too soon and that I wish I had moved here when I was in my 30's and ready to settle down, but let's be honest. You've stolen my heart and no other city will ever take your place. You're where I belong.

Ok, enough with the cheese. I had an excellent experience volunteering at Safe Passage and now that I am home, I only feel bad about one thing: I didn't keep all my promises to you, my reader. I filled your mind with visions of Guatemalan food and tales of eating adventures in Central American paradises and I didn't come through for you. I introduced you to the all-important 'Tipico' and for that I am not sorry, but I should have done more. If you feel gypped, send me an email (trailertrashandtreasures@gmail.com) and I'll buy you a snack at a local trailer. Not a full meal now, I am still unemployed. ;)

To make it up to the rest of you kind, fair readers, I plan on jumping right back into the swing of things here at Trailer T&T. I will soon be eating, photographing, and blogging about food trailers around Austin and I can't wait to get started!

A few things are holding me back at the moment: 1) I am seeking employment so that I can afford to keep up my not-so-cheap habit of eating at gourmet mobile restaurants and 2) I need friends to come with me (this is where you can help! well, if you can help with #1, please let me know too!).

Regardless of both of these points, I will do my best to post my first trailer of 2012 by the end of January. Thank you very much for your support through 2011, your patience with my absence, and your future visits to this blog! I could not do this without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment